I write, therefore I am
Briony Redman has been shortlisted for the BAFTA Rocliffe Comedy Script 2016, shortlisted for BAFTA Rocliffe New Writing Forum at the NYTV Festival 2012 (for a script co-written with Stephanie Ancell) and the Red Planet Picture Prize 2010. Briony has a writing partnership with writer-director Kate Herron. Briony and Kate were shortlisted for iFeatures 2014 and are currently working on their horror-comedy feature film, Miss Universe, which was developed as part of Film London's Microwave 2016-17.
Briony has previously written additional material for BBC Radio 4 (Laura Solon: Talking & Not Talking and Laurence & Gus: Hearts and Minds). She has taken a number of comedy shows up to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival as a writer-performer, including "Secret Show" 2016 ("Effortlessy feelgood" The Skinny), Farce Noir: The Big Sheep 2013 ("the script is positively soaked in wordplay" Fest) and double-act Surname and Surname 2013 ("An articulate sense of mischief" The Times). As well as writing sketch and character comedy Briony has written an award-winning short film, Forget-Me-Not, that has screened internationally at festivals including Palm Springs Shortsfest 2014 and Aesthetica Short Film Festival 2014 (nominated for Best Comedy).
Reviews for Farce Noir: The Big Sheep
Awards / Nominations for Forget-Me-Not
- Best Comedy Short (Won - Southampton International Film Festival)
- Best Short Screenplay (Won - Southampton International Film Festival)
- People's Choice Audience Award (Won - Shärt International Comedy Film Festival)
- Best Comedy (Nominated - Aesthetica Short Film Festival)
- Best Comedy Short (Nomination - Long Island Film Expo)
- Best International Short Film (Nomination - Long Island Film Expo)
- Best Comedy (Nomination - International Film Awards Berlin)
- Best Actress in a Short (Nomination for Briony Redman - Houston Comedy Film Festival)
- Short Comedy Award (Nomination - Crystal Palace Film Festival)